Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Green Thumb

So here's something some of you don't know about me. I love to garden!!! I love being out in the garden, and taking care of things. Last year I only had a small garden of tomatoes, peas, lettuce, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, melon and carrots. Our zucchini and tomato plants provided enough to supply us and most of our neighbours. Thankfully my wife enjoys gardening as well. She is more into flowers, which is nice for the front of the house.



This year I have two gardens. In one garden I have potatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, corn, beans, lettuce, peas and asparagus. My other garden has tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, and soon will have hot peppers, cucumbers and maybe some melons. We also have in our gardens blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. I can hardly wait till everything grows!!!! It's going to be an amazing year for veggies and fruits around here. I also have a lemon tree and a lime tree!!! They are pretty sweet!!! They can only be outside in the summer, so I have them in pots so I can bring them at the end of the summer.






























This year hasn't been that good of a year for growing things for whatever reason. I've had all my cucumbers die, and all but two of my pepper plants. The corn is doing really well, and so is the lettuce, and the peas are doing pretty good. We also have two grapes that we just put in this year, and they both seem to be doing well.











My wife has been busy gardening this year, she has three gardens full of flowers. She also has four flower pots full of flowers. She has roses, mini daphodills, pansies, honeysuckles, lillies, hydrangas, clematis', lavender, sweetpeas, and a whole bunch of other flowers who's names I couldn't tell you.




No comments: